Everyone can legally marry in Scotland from anywhere in the world

crear-facebook-logo.png   crear-insta-logo.png   crear-tube-logo.png   crear-pinter-logo.png

Your Legal Paperwork for your Wee Wedding Marriage Ceremony is processed by our local Registration office in Lochgilphead

Please consider if you want a religious or civil marriage ceremony prior to contacting the Registrar.

The Registrars conduct civil weddings. All other celebrants including Humanist are classed as religious.

All weddings in Scotland require some legal paperwork. For Crear Couples this is processed by the local Registration office in Lochgilphead. Please contact our local Registrar, Shona Brechin directly.

T 01546 604515

Submit your legal paperwork 3 months & no later than 28 days prior to your wedding

The earliest your paperwork can be submitted is 3 months before the date of your wedding, however please do not leave it any later than 4 weeks before. Once your Marriage Notices are submitted & processed, a Marriage Schedule is produced. This is the document you sign as part of the marriage ceremony.

A marriage visa is required to give notice of marriage and may be required to enter the UK

If you are having a civil marriage then the registrars will bring the paperwork with them on the day. If you are having a religious marriage then you are required to collect the paperwork in person during office hours from Lochgilphead.

For more information & to download forms please visit

For more information & to download forms please visit

• Both parties have to complete a Marriage Notice Form (M10)

• Both parties have to submit their birth certificates (originals & translations if needed)

• If you have been married before then you have to submit either divorce papers or a death certificate (again originals, not photocopies & translations if required)

• If submitting a foreign divorce paper a question sheet regarding foreign divorces has to be completed.

• Full names & addresses of your two witnesses who must be over 16 years of age. (Please note that if Crear are witnessing your wedding, put Crear witnesses in the box & we will let the Registrar know the names nearer the time)

• Copies of passports to verify nationality

• A utility bill to show proof of residence (2 if living at different addresses)

• The appropriate payment.

Your paperwork can be mailed recorded or registered post directly & your documents will be returned the same way.
Addressee Only
Shona Brechin
Lochgilphead Service Point
1A Manse Brae
PA31  8RD

A marriage visa is required to give notice of marriage and may be required to enter the UK. If subject to immigration you should contact the UK Border Agency for advice about entry requirements to the UK under the Immigration Rules for marriage.

T 0870 606 7766 

Scroll to top

Copyright © 2021 Crear. All right reserved

Website Developed by Crocodile Web Design Glasgow