All weddings in Scotland require some legal paperwork. For Crear Couples this is processed by the local Registration office in Lochgilphead. Please contact our local Registrar, Shona Brechin directly.
T 01546 604515
The earliest your paperwork can be submitted is 3 months before the date of your wedding, however please do not leave it any later than 4 weeks before. Once your Marriage Notices are submitted & processed, a Marriage Schedule is produced. This is the document you sign as part of the marriage ceremony.
If you are having a civil marriage then the registrars will bring the paperwork with them on the day. If you are having a religious marriage then you are required to collect the paperwork in person during office hours from Lochgilphead.
For more information & to download forms please visit www.nrscotland.gov.uk
• Both parties have to complete a Marriage Notice Form (M10)
• Both parties have to submit their birth certificates (originals & translations if needed)
• If you have been married before then you have to submit either divorce papers or a death certificate (again originals, not photocopies & translations if required)
• If submitting a foreign divorce paper a question sheet regarding foreign divorces has to be completed.
• Full names & addresses of your two witnesses who must be over 16 years of age. (Please note that if Crear are witnessing your wedding, put Crear witnesses in the box & we will let the Registrar know the names nearer the time)
• Copies of passports to verify nationality
• A utility bill to show proof of residence (2 if living at different addresses)
• The appropriate payment.
Your paperwork can be mailed recorded or registered post directly & your documents will be returned the same way.
Lochgilphead Service Point
1A Manse Brae
A marriage visa is required to give notice of marriage and may be required to enter the UK. If subject to immigration you should contact the UK Border Agency for advice about entry requirements to the UK under the Immigration Rules for marriage.
T 0870 606 7766